Now most of us will have returned to work with our normal routine resuming, January is famed for being subdued, tedious and long however for those considering moving home, whether you are just tentatively thinking about doing so, or your requirements are more cemented January is a perfect time to plan. With cold, dreary days and post Christmas credit card bills our moods wont be in best shape to plan your next move but believe us being organised and ahead of the game when it comes to actually marketing your home and / or finding your next one. Many movers look to openly market their home in early spring. However some need to get moving before this whatever circumstances best suit you we hope that our January planning points give you food for thought helping cheer January up and your start to the new year
Here at Kirk Estates we recommend the following for those who are looking at moving in 2015
Preparing your home to sell
– consider your ambitions and timeframe
– is your home in good decorative order ? are there any improvements you could make ? does the garden need some attention ?
– if improvements could be made no matter how small or large, making contact with relevant local tradespeople would be wise as historically they begin to get booked up early on in the year so availability becomes quickly reduced.
– contact estate agents whom cover your area in order to book a FREE market appraisal of your home. We would recommend inviting a maximum of three estate agents to provide you with an appraisal and suggested marketing price. A good agent will advise on any improvements that you could make and make specific reference to maximising sale return and the most appropriate marketing approach to achieve this.
– consider your next purchase requirements, price, location, type etc specific needs e.g schooling, job, transport. Whilst these are likely to be your catalyst for moving we actively encourage all our prospective vendor clients to focus on the preparation of marketing their home, choosing an agent, agreeing a timescale BEFORE arranging viewing appointments and progressing their property search. A quality agent will handle your sale and manage the timeframe on your behalf to allow you to be in the best possible position when viewing properties of interest and hence make your buying ability as competitive as possible.
Registering to buy
– consider your M.A.N, motivation, ability, needs
– email or call estate agents relevant to your search area TIP: if you wish to confirm your genuine, serious search requirements a telephone call will always be favoured more by a proactive agent than a one-off email
– be as clear as possible with your requirements, be transparent with your own status when speaking with agents. The more information they have the better.
– whilst a good agent will maintain regular consistent contact ensure you chase up, reply and provide feedback as soon as possible, differentiate yourself from other buyers
– consider your present financial ability and your future financial requirements, agents will offer financial service introductions and will also need to check your financial credentials when interested or making an offer for a property.
These preparation points are certainly not exhaustive and are intended to aid you with preparation. As always the Kirk Estates team are available on a 24/7 basis whether you are looking to sell, buy, develop or just need helpful friendly advice please get in touch.
James Kirk, Managing Director